Originally an American invention to use the front parts of a Pig which we usually make into Sausages. Pulled Pork is a great way to use the ver cheapest cuts. This joint was less that £2. Yes it is a bit of boneless shoulder and yes it would heve been touch as old boots! But not this way.
Note:- Sue is not keen on BBQ sauce so I used a simple gravy at the end of the process to moisten the meat.
Pork Shoulder cut. Bone in or out, it's down to what is available.
Stock, beef, chicken or if you have your own any base stock will work.
Sale & Pepper.
(1) Don't start this expecting to eat in less than 3 hours!.
(2) Turn the oven up to 200c or so.
(3) If using Stock Cube mix with boiling water stir well and set aside.
(4) Mix the Salt and Pepper with the Oil and rub the meat well.
(5) Add the Stock to an oven proof dish.
(6) Place the joint in the dish and put in the oven on a very high heat for the first 20 minutes.
(7) Lower the heat to 140c and cover with foil.
(8) Go away, take the kids out. Clean the loo. Do whatever will distract you from the cooking smells for at the very least 2 ½ hours.
(9) When the meat is really over cooked and very tender take it out and on a board run two forks against each other to shred the meat.
(10) Add Gravy or BBQ sauce and stir well.
(11) Re-heat in a pan if requited.
Serve in a Yorkshire Pudding with vegetables of your choice.