A Turkey Thigh and Drummer is presently £3 down from £4.75 and there are realistically 4 meals or more in a pack of all 3 for us. So Sue’s been playing with recipes!
1 Large Turkey thigh
3 cloves of Garlic, cut in halves
2 Sprigs of fresh Rosemary
1 Tsp dries Thyme
1 Tsp dried Sage
1 Tsp dried Rosemary
1 Tbls chopped fresh Parsley
Salt & Pepper
Garlic and Herb Butter
1 large Onion, chunky
2 slices of Lemon
(1) Lay the Onion and Garlic with a drizzly of Oil in the slow cooker Pot.
(2) Place the fresh Rosemary on top.
(3) Sprinkle this with the herbs and seasoning.
(4) Lay the sliced Lemon on top.
(5) Pat the Turkey dry with kitchen roll then rub the Garlic Butter all over and season with Salt & Pepper and additional herbs.
(6) Set to cook on high for 4 hours.
(7) After 4 hours remove from the pot and place on a baking dish.
(8) Rub with extra Garlic butter and Salt & Pepper.
(9) Roast at 180C for about 20 minutes to crisp the skin.
Serve with seasonal vegetables of your choice. We had Carrots, Red Cabbage and Bell Peppers, roast Spuds etc.