We’re at “G” in our Vegetarian Alphabet gig. Gnocchi fits the bill nicely. I’m not sure there is a definitive recipe realistically, but this was our attempt.
4 medium Potatoes, pealed, boiled and very smoothly mashed
Gluten free Flour
50g Grated Italian style Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Chopped Chives to garnish
(1) Allow the mashed Potato to cool to room temperature so you don’t scramble your Egg.
(2) Mix all the ingredients excluding the Rice Flour and add sufficient Flour to make a very stiff dough.
(3) On a board sprinkled with Rice Flour roll the dough out into a Sausage.
(4) Cut into 2cm slices are roll into balls.
(5) Press between your thumb and the back of a fork.
(6) Bring a pan of salted Water to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
(7) Boil in batches until they float.
(8) Drain in kitchen paper and serve as you would with Pasta.
(9) Dress with chopped Chives.
OK (9a) We decided they were a bit bland on their lonesome so Sue knocked up a Tomato and Red Pepper sauce and with the addition of a good shovel of grated Cheese we made Gnocchi bake…...