Using a dodgy translation service to make something sound appealing. That’s a very old restaurant trick. But read on folks…..
We had quite a few stir-fry ingredients in as we made a stir-fry with the remaining Yellow Sticker Chicken the other day. But also loitering in the darker recesses of the freezer was a large pack of diced Pigs Heart, which cost us £1.24. Yes Pigs Heart! Well that my Vegan and Vegetarian friends gone then. Sorry….
Diced Pigs Heart
Self raising Flour (Gluten free for us)
Freshly ground Black Pepper
(1) Soak the Pigs Heat in Milk in the fridge for a couple of hours.
(2) Drain and dry on kitchen paper.
(3) Pre-heat the fryer to 180c.
(4) Mix a very think batter with the flour, seasonings and Soda Water.
(5) Add the Heart to the batter and make sure it is all well coated.
(6) Using a large kitchen spoon scoop spoonfuls of the battered Heart and drop them into the Oil. It’s a good idea to remove the basted so they don’t stick.
(7) When they rise to the surface turn them over a couple of times until the batter is golden brown on all sides.
(8) Remove each batch and drain on kitchen paper.
For those who have a dislike of all things offal (I used to be in that camp myself) just stick with the fancy French name…. You will be pleasantly surprised! We served ours over stir-fry vegetables, Potato croutons, Smoked Lithuanian Sausage bites and dressed with home brewed Kimchi!