There was a 500g pack of Turkey Thigh mince with a yellow sticker on it, it was bound to come home reall. This meal used 1/2 of it and the Peppers were free as they were destined for composting!
2 Red Peppers, halved and de-seeded
250g Turkey Thigh mince
1 Tin of chopped Tomatoes
A hearty squirt of Tomato Puree
200ml Chicken Stock
1 Onion, finely diced
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper
Oil to fry
(1) Fry The Onion until softened and then add the Garlic.
(2) Add the minced Turkey and fry until it begins brown.
(3) Season with Salt & Pepper and add the dried Herbs.
(4) Stir in the Tomato Puree.
(5) Add the chopped Tomatoes and Chicken stock.
(6) Simmer to reduce for 30 minutes.
(7) Load the filling into the Peppers with a slotted spoon.
(8) Sprinkle the Cheese over the top and roast in the oven at 180c until it is piping hot and the Cheese has browned.
We had some chopped Collard greens so Sue fried them with a little dried Laver (Seaweed), Cumin seeds, Chinese Five Spice, Sugar, Salt and Pepper.