Another way to get rid of the Pineapple Juice I bought in error.... Most bought BBQ sauces have Gluten in them and to be fair Sue’s not too keen on “Fake Smoked” flavours anyway. So She made her own version….
Red Wine Vinegar
2 Cloves on Garlic, minced
1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Onion, roughly chopped
(1) Fry the Onions in a little Oil and then add the Garlic and lower the heat.
(2) Sauté until the Onions are softened.
(3) Add all the other ingredients, stir well and simmer for 20 minutes.
(4) Stir occasionally.
(5) Allow to cool a little.
(6) Dress the Pork Ribs on both side and wrap loosely in foil and allow to marinade in the fridge for 20 minutes or longer.
(7) Pre-head the oven to 180c.
(8) Place the Rib parcel in the oven covered for the first 30 minutes.
(9) Open the parcel for the last 10 minutes.
(10) To serve remove the rack of Ribs and cut into handleable pieces and spoon the BBQ Sauce over the top.
We served ours with hand cut chips, a fried Egg, some Peas and a home-made Coleslaw. Very tasty and we have a good deal of sauce bottled in the fridge for next time…..