As we are reaching the end of our Vegetarian Alphabet, we decided we’d have a go at 100 Asain recipes for a bit of fun. Having rummaged through over 500 recipes we found we were on to a good start with 47! - http://www.eatwellonuc.org.uk/index.php/component/tags/tag/asian-recipes We’re also fortunate to have quite a few Asian and Continental shops within easy reach. So the slightly odd and interesting ingredients allow us a much wider scope….
Stir Fry Ingredients:-
1 Carrot, finely sliced
¼ Cucumber, finely sliced
50g Mange Tout, sliced lengthways
100g Tender-stem Broccoli, halves lengthways
1 Tbsp of Sesame Seeds
200g of King Prawns
1 Spring Onion, sliced
1 Red Chilli, sliced and de-seeded
A handful of Coriander, chopped
A Thumb of Ginger, minced
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Spring Onion, finely sliced
1 Tbsp of Hot Chilli Sauce (Recipe Here)
100Ml of Apple Juice
1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp of Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce
(1) In a pan add the Garlic, Ginger and Spring Onions, with a little Oil and fry over a low heat.
(2) Next add the Chilli Sauce, Apple Juice, Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, Fish Sauce and Oyster Sauce.
(3) Bring to the boil and them simmer for 5 minutes or until syrupy enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Stir Fry Method:-
(1) Add the Noodles to boiling water and cook until just softened.
(2) With tongs plunge into cold water and set aside.
(3) In a Wok or large frying pan heat Oil.
(4) Add the Prawns, Chorizo, Carrot and Mange Tot.
(5) Stir over a high heat until the Prawns are pink all over.
(6) Add the Broccoli and lower the heat to soften while stirring.
(7) Reheat the noodles and add to bowls.
(8) Stir the sauce into the stir-fry.
(9) Toast the Sesame Seeds in a little Oil.
(9) Add to the bowls and dress with Coriander, cucumber, Spring Onion, Chilli and Toasted Sesame Seeds.
We deep fried a few extra Rice Noodles to add as an additional garnish.