Another on for our “100 Asian recipes” gig. This certainly isn’t one you’d find in a UK takeaway. But for a very limited ingredients list this really was good.
2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
2 Tbsp of Water
2 Tbsp of White Miso
4 Chicken Thighs
4 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
30g of Butter or Margarine
½ a Lime, Juiced
1 Tbsp of Sesame Seeds
Salt & Pepper
(1) Mix the Oil with 1 Tbsp of Miso paste and add the Chicken to coat.
(2) Season with Salt & Petter and place on a baking tray.
(3) Place in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 45 minutes.
(4) Add the Sugar to a pan with 2 Tbsp of Water and dissolve gently.
(5) Turn up the heat and boil until it forms an amber Caramel.
(6) Remove the Caramel from the heat.
(7) Gently stir in the remaining Miso and add the Butter / Margarine and Lime juice. And stir aside.
(8) Pour the Caramel over the Chicken and sprinkle with Sesame Seeds.
(9) Cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
We served ours with a little stir-fry and some Prawn Crackers. We really enjoyed this as we tend not to have a lot of sweet flavours in our dishes, it was a really nice change.