Obviously most folk would just go to a takeaway and buy a tub of Chinese Curry Sauce. But that’s not an option for Sue as it invariably contains Gluten. So last night we had a bit of a Special Fried Rice gig and Sue cobbled this together to go with it. I’d challenge anybody to tell it apart from the plastic tub version!
4 Tsp of Cornflour
1 Tsp of Curry Powder
½ Tsp of Chinese five Spice
¼ Tsp of Ground Ginger
¼ Tsp of Garlic Powder
2 Tsp of Gluten free Soy Sauce
2 Tsp of Chilli Sauce
240Ml of Vegetable Stock
1 Tbsp of Butter / Margarine
1 Tsp of Lemon Juice
(1) Mix half of the Cornflour with the dry spices in a bowl.
(2) Melt the Margarine in a pan and add the Cornflour mix.
(3) Keep stirring over a low heat to create a roué.
(4) Slowly add the Stock stirring all the time.
(5) Add a little of the Stock to the remaining Cornflour in a jug and stir well.
(6) Add this to the pan along with the Lemon Juice, Soy Sauce and Chilli Sauce and cook gently until thickened.
I know I’m pretty disgusting, but I had some of the, now set, sauce with the left over Special Fried Rice for breakfast this morning!