OK it’s not quite conventional, but what exactly did you expect from us? Sue’s not a fan of flaky fish generally. But we’ve discovered that we are both very keen on Ray Wings. So when they appear with a Yellow Sticker, all is good!
Nobody needs a recipe for flouring and frying fish I hope? Chips? A but the sauce was something else!
Caper Sauce Ingredients:-
2 Spring Onion whites, finely chopped
½ Tsp of Crispy Cuttlefish and Chilli Paste
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
2 Tsp of Capers, slightly crushed
Juice of 1 & ½ Lemons
1 Tsp Dried Parsley
1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
Salt & Pepper
(1) Gently fry the Spring Onions in Butter until translucent.
(2) Add the Garlic and fry gently for a couple more minutes.
(3) Reserve a little Butter and add the remaining ingredients except the Parsley.
(4) Simmer over a low heat for a couple of minutes.
(5) Stir in the remaining Butter and Parsley and drizzle over the fish.
The Crispy Cuttlefish and Chilli Paste was an impulse buy from a Chinese Supermarket at (We seem to recall) £0.99 But it really packs a punch. We will be buying more when needed. But you only need ½ a teaspoon and this jar has lived in the fridge door for months now…...