Gluten free Pasta is a bit odd and you really need to forget everything you knew about Pasta because it will not ‘Hold’ and it certainly doesn’t stand recooking. But this worked really well. This was the second meal from the discounted Chicken which cost £2.38.
3 Rashers of Bacon, finely chopped
½ a Cooked Chicken, cubed
60g of Grated Italian style Cheese
100g of Grated Cheddar Cheese
3 Tbsp Mayo
½ Tsp of Hot Sauce
1 Tsp of Dry Mustard Powder
½ Tsp of Ground Black Pepper
½ Tsp Garlic Powder
½ Tsp of Onion Powder
½ Tsp of Paprika
1 Onion, finely sliced
3 Mushrooms, finely sliced
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
Macaroni (Gluten free of us)
100ml of Greek Yogurt
100ml of Milk
Oil to fry
(1) Fry the Onions, Bacon and Garlic in a little oil until the Onions have softened.
(2) Add the Mushrooms, then the Chicken and cook until the Chicken is thoroughly heated.
(3) In a separate pan add the Milk, Yoghurt and Mayo. Heat until it simmers and then add the other ingredients except the Macaroni and Cheese.
(4) Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
(5) Cook the Pasta and drain. Add to an oven proof casserole.
(6) Add the Onion and Bacon mixture to the sauce and stir in.
(7) Pour over the Macaroni then add the grated Cheese and Italian style Cheese.
(8) Place under the grill until the Cheese has melted and browned slightly.
We served our with Corn on the Cob and a few home grown Peas.